Friday, April 21, 2023

Post 2: Why did I choose my major?

This could sound funny but it is true. When I was a little girl I used to play with my sister and cousins. We pretended we were at school and most of the time I played as the teacher of the school and made my sister and cousins read short stories and then answer questions about them, or other times I made them memorize a poem or song. It was something so natural for me. One thing I never doubted was my sister’s and cousins’ complete obedience, this considering that I wasn’t the oldest but somehow they thought I was the experience personified. Even though this one was one of my favorite childhood games, I never thought about becoming a teacher in the future when I was a girl. I actually never thought about any career at all. By the time I finished school I had no clue what to do. I was admitted in the physics and chemistry programme in one university (one of my strengths at school) and in the civil construction programme in another. Then I decided not to take any of those chances, I took some time off instead, you know, to find myself.

I started working on my English and then I saw the light, I could become a teacher. That was something I enjoyed doing. I took the test to enter the University again with only one purpose….to enter in the teaching training programme.
Now, being an English teacher, I am the happiest person in the world. Working for a prestigious university makes me even happier – not because of the social status -  but because it is demanding and I have to keep studying all the time, I keep learning new things from my students (psychology, sociology, arts, etc) I only wish the money aspect was better, but then again, no money can give me the satisfaction I get when I see my students learning; that’s priceless. I have never regreted my decision, what can I say? I love what I do.   

Say what you study and why you study it
Include this information
- What was your dream job as a child?
- What other options did you have?
- What made you decide on this major?
- How has your experience at university been until now?
- Upload pictures

Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts
Wordcount : 130 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 5: An Expert / Person that I admire in my field

  I can't say that I admire someone because I don't. What I feel is respect for certain people who have shown greatness. One of thos...